What You Need To Know For Friday, November 28, 2014
- Ferguson Protestors Target Black Friday
- Obama To Release More GITMO Detainees
- ISIS Spreads to North Africa
- My September Prediction:
- Republican Senate pickup of 8+
- Republican House pickup of 10- 15
- My final added prediction "at least 9 pickups" and that W. VA Se. Joe Manchin would succumb to pressure and switch parties
- My results
- Republican's Senate Gains at 8, will get to 9 w/ La
- Manchin says "I don't like what I've been involved in the last four years."
- Current House gains at 12
- Obama Was Not On The Ballot. Obama wasn’t and, as a result, the Media, and his constituent voters did not come to his rescue. In 2012, they could cover for a single candidate. In 2014, they couldn’t cover for the varied and weak Democrat candidates.
- Obama’s Policies Were On The Ballot. The Democrat Senators who lost their seats voted for - and therefore lost because - of Obama’s policies. They couldn’t hide from the results of those bad polices and had to answer for their votes.
- And His Approval Ratings Were Too. There simply is no precedent for Senate candidates to run 8+ percentage points better than their sitting president. Obama’s bad ratings, which are a function of his bad policies, hurt the Democrat candidates.
- Democrats Bad Strategy.
- They wasted big money - $50 million – trying to defeat Mitch McConnell. There was no way in the 6th year of a bad presidency they were going to defeat an incumbent in conservative state hurt by presidential policies. That was money they should have used elsewhere.
- Wendy Davis? Really?
- Democrats Bad Campaigning.
- War on Women? When the economy is bad social justice is not on the ballot
- Obama drowned them out. The Democrats couldn’t get out from underneath Obama’s shadow. His bad news drowned out their voices.
- The Democrats made the gaffes this year. When the Democrat candidates did get the national spotlight, too often it was because of a gaffe – like Mary Landrieu. The Republicans, meanwhile, kept their nose clean for a change.
~ ~ ~
- Need Proof Democrats Are In Trouble? Bill Clinton Is In California
- CA's Economic Collision Course: Immigration and Water
- California's Low On Water? Time to Fine The Water Resources Board
My Latest @ The Washington Times: The Obama Way: Litigation Not Leadership
My Op/Eds - Radio Interviews: